Here are the build details.I raked the front end 6 degrees by moving the backbone up 1 1/2" and I used a larger diameter tubing so it would sleeve the original ends so it could be plug welded. The down tubes were stretched out and angled back, the extra pipe was added, and then plugged and sleeved for extra strength. That, in turn, lowered the bike 4 inches. Next, I welded brackets to mount the oil tank on the front end. It has aftermarket bars that are flipped upside down to get more of a board track racer look. The headlight shroud was made from a 6" round piece of pipe with some round stock added to trim the front end out. The gas tank is the original but the front end of it was lifted 4 inches and the back was hinged so it can be lifted to access the Thunderheart wiring module. I trimmed some steel off of it and welded some round bar to trim it out nice. And to make sure no rusting would occur after the welding I used Por 15 tank sealant inside.The speedometer housing was made from a piece of 3" bent tubing I squeezed in a vise to oval it out. I added some mounting brackets and then put a notch in the front for clearance. The seat pan is 1/4" plate steel that is hinged at the front and the springs underneath sit on a 1/4" plate steel with 1/4" retaining cups where they are bolted down.The leaf springs are 1400 lb. rated trailer springs that I cut in half. The leaf spring perches are made from 1/4" plate and angled 3 degrees to help preload the chassis. They bolt down with 6 bolts so an extra spring can be added for a larger rider. The back half of the frame was made of 1 1/4" tubing. I am running 2 leafs but a 3rd can be added. They connect to the swing arm with a upside down type of shackle system using 1/4" plate steel with bronze inserts that can be replaced if wear occurs. Never Seize is used as a lubricant. It has a very smooth ride. The rear swing arm is extended 2 1/2" and then plugged and sleeved to increase strength. The rear fender is actually a blank front fender from a larger bike that was custom cut to accommodate all the new pieces. I milled the rear brake caliper mounting bracket so it could be moved to the bottom side of the swing arm to make room for the spring mounting brackets. The license plate bracket is made from milled aluminum so I could epoxy the LED marker and brake lights to keep it clean looking.It is HOK Galaxy gray.
Test ride with cash in hand.
Email if you want more photos and info.